Next week is going to bring about some very interesting and exciting things at St. Michael’s. Amongst Swimming Carnivals, Parent-Teacher meetings and the like, Professor Stephen Heppell will be coming to work with the Diocese of Parramatta. Particularly for us, there are two major events to be aware of:
- A webcast across the Diocese on Wednesday 18 February from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. We will broadcast the presentation live through the library
- Professor Heppell will be visiting the Blacktown South Catholic Schools to work with us at St. Michael’s and Nagle the next day. Further details of both events will be coming soon
Of course, the most common question at this point is who is Stephen Heppell?
Rather than try and give a mediocre description, I will instead offer some links to help you explore more of his work and his thinking.
- Stephen Heppell’s website and a bit of a biography
- His YouTube channel. Below is a video from it entitled Schools of the Future:
- Stephen Heppell’s longer Keynote Presentation from the 2008 K12 Online Conference, entitled It Simply Isn’t the 20th Century Any More, Is It? So Why Would We Teach As Though it Was?
Photo credit: Ewan McIntosh